(Actually our shop!)

(Actually our shop!)
visit www.zazzle.com/LarksWorld

Daze Cache: Starry Starry Ice

Aarrgh, the COLD!

I know, I know!

But the marvels to behold! You HAVE to go see them, because they can't come visit, and you'll never see them any other time of year!

I'm talking about a couple kinds of ice forming while we sleep!

For instance:
Some determined folks cart Bobhouses onto the lakes, whether the ice is "plenty thick" or not. With I had a closer shot of this, as the house on the right is actually an old skilift tramway car upcycled.

Sabbaday Falls on the Kanc (Route 112) in its usual fine form with icicles two or three times taller than I am. *Don't trek near without crampons - REAL crampons, not the cheap driveway ice creepers that can't bite as well as you'd need. Trust me; tried that on the Oliverian Brook trail and fell so hard my hip was purple for a month.
 Back to happier things, though! haha

"Starry Starry Ice" - some rime ice formed on a stick that was sticking out of the frozen brook surface.

Pretend this one is rotated left, OK? Brook surface with various ice forms.

"Where's the ice in this?" you ask?
Why, see the rainbow on the bottom edges of each of the clouds? Those are courtesy of ice crystals up high bending the sunlight "just so".

Be sure to wear protection looking toward the sun, of course. Plus, I couldn't see these without my sunglasses, and put them in front of the camera to help cut the glare to capture it.

Here in central/northern NH, there's still plenty of shape and color going on, even in winter. If you know how, when and where to look.

What do you have around you? Do you know? Find out and tell me!

Have fun!

"Lark"

No comments: